Friday, August 19, 2005

Dear Husband's Birthday

Here's what I'd do for your birthday if nothing stood in the way. I'd cook an excellent breakfast with homemade sweet rolls for you. I'd watch excitedly as you opened your new ipod, handmade jewelry, new David Crowder cd, fantastic inspirational book, and your "Old Guys Rule" t-shirt. My mom would walk in the door and wink. She'd take the children to Legoland, Disneyland, Seaworld, and Europe for a few days while you and I headed to a cabin in the woods. I'd bring Merlot, a deck of cards, a mandolin, and of course, Scrabble. We'd eat ham with melted cheese on rye for lunch, and ribs for dinner. I wouldn't say one thing about you not eating vegetables. We'd hike and sit by a lake for hours together. I'd let you win a 5K race against me. There would be no mosquitoes. No worries about the livestock at home, Rosie, God Bless Rosie, would have that all taken care of including the baby chicks. We'd have chocolate cake and milkshakes for dessert, and sleep till 10:00 in the morning. Happy Birthday, my love.

1 comment:

unquenchableworshipper said...

Dont forget the John Mayher CD's

Thanks for dreaming big for my birthday. I enjoyed how it went almost as much as our dreamworld birthday.