Sunday, March 14, 2010

I didn't realize I'd actually take time to read every weekend now, but it seems to be true for now. I finished, more accurately devoured Jenny Sanford's Staying True last weekend. Her faith and life instruct mine. Nothing like hanging out the laundry, and the fact is that her wash is clean, sparkly white. I admire her commitment to family, deep love and respectful way of letting go. Well done, Jenny.

This weekend Helen lent me her favorite book, The Time Traveler's Wife. Enjoying the story immensely so far.

Anyone have any recommended must reads, so I can have some things on queue?

And in the movie department. Thumbs down to Shutter Island and Precious. Sorry, Martin and Oprah. I wasn't inspired due to predictable yet depressing content.

6 comments:

Hope said...

Have you read The Memory Keeper's Daughter? I think that's what it is called.

Movies - The Spitfire Grill.

truevyne said...

I haven't, but I'll put it on my list.

Anonymous said...

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Wonderful.
Kat

For the Shephard said...

This is a fasinating nonfiction book I read several years ago and still rememver how much I enjoyed it. Has many stories in addidion to the science of colour. Color : A natural History of the Pallet
by Victoria Finlay

Anonymous said...

try Wicked... if you haven't already. i know it is right up your alley - given your Wiz of Oz love in your younger years... Yes, I know that... Yes, you might just figure out who this is...

Sripal Sama said...

Hi, clicked 'Next blog' after writing stuff in my blog and that took me to ur blog. And yah, try Ayn Rand's Fountainhead. Thats around 700 pages big but its worth reading.