Sold one of my goatie girls today, Shannon. She has been my very favorite for all six years of my caprine experience. This lovely lady was the first we ever bought. She's given us tons of love and milk through her years at True Vyne Farm.
We sniffed noses to say, "Goodbye." I considered her shiny black coat, her curious eyes, and frosty ears as we parted.
I remember our first cold morning milkings. I played classical music to calm us both- I, the green farm hand; she, a little jumpy due to her new surroundings my lack of expertise. I nuzzled my curly locks against her furry belly in gratitude for the gifts she gave.
I'll miss you my friend, Shannon.
The Eerie Prescience of Mary Shelley's Other Science Fiction Novel
-
Embed from Getty Images
*Frankenstein* is a horror story to most people, but it is also considered
by many to be the first work of science fiction, and Mar...
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment