Thursday, June 21, 2012

Peace meets with an army man tonight. a dad from Scouts.  They are discussing the military as Peace wants to join the Air Force. Peace's taken the entrance exam and will be meeting with recruiters for the third time next week.  I'm not sure how much I've done wrong or right to have a son headed this direction.  He's more whole world minded than most people I know, and I'm not sure how that matches up with U.S. military folk. 

 The pacifist side of me knows I tried to raise a non-violent citizen of the world.  Turns out, he is such a person.  He loves diverse cultural experiences.  He values and respects differences. He hopes to get a position taking photos not shots in the airforce.  Is this possible?

  Part of me that knows I could only have a chance at being a pacifist, because there are men and women who lay down their own lives for my freedom every. single. day.  So, I'm proud my son would be that kind of individual.

  A few years ago when Peace mentioned his interest in the military, I made him watch any war movie I could get my hands on...Saving Private Ryan, Full Metal Jacket, Hot Locker.  He stopped talking about it for a while.  College visits and discussions took over.  As a senior this last year, he did a paper on drone airplanes in robotics class and revisited the service option.  He's moving forward slowly, so as not to choose a position without full understanding.  He wants a job that he will love, and the army man is helping him select at this moment.  


  
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, also towards the excellent and materials, the color performs an important part in picking luggage. fake louis vuitton bags Distinctive colours of suitcases can clearly show your different style and match distinctive clothing. replica gucci As an example, black outfits with vibrant pink suitcases and shoes is really a brilliant match of sturdy character. fendi replica Furthermore, colour of luggage should be harmonious together with your over-all model. replica dior Second, you need to first make a decision the style and design you like, that may be, if the style and design is not what you like, no matter what shade and product, it is going to not satisfy your prerequisite. replica handbags sale Occasionally, all of us are likely to see the fashion emperia purses very first, actually, one of the most stylish just one isn't certain to fit you. That is definitely to say, the style and design should conform with all your age, profession, and character, and there are others..