Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's official. I now have three teenage boys. Wise One turned thirteen. It's also official that I am an all out geek. I took the boys to see Avatar and loved it. Anyone else see it?

Yesterday, I spent the day at Shands Hospital in Gainesville mostly waiting to get my son's toe re-examined. It had turned nice and black. Those who knew anything about it were concerned the part of the toe became a mass of necrotic tissue which needed to be removed by painful scraping. Can I say how delighted I am that we were wrong? It wasn't certain until the site was opened and drained that it was a "runners hematoma" which is simply a nasty blood blister with a few infected spots. As long as the site stays clean it will heal quickly!

Tonight Christmas lights. Happy Holidays, friends.

3 comments:

Thicket Dweller said...

Whew! So glad to hear about the good news on the toe! Hope it heals quickly. :-)

Livvy said...

I'm glad it wasn't a spider bite! Hope it heals well.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he's on the mend! We miss you and love you!
Auntie S!