Thursday, September 22, 2005

Wise One Speaks

Wise One, my eight year old son, innocently created smiles and giggles these last few days.

At the soccer field Saturday, this little guy inquired of Buck, "Dad, may I have a dollar to spend at the confession stand? I'd like some candy." Buck, quick witted man that he is, fired back, "Here you go, son. Here's a dollar, but you need to bring me back a couple of 'Hail Marys' and an 'Our Father' with the change." Wise One took the dollar with a big question mark expression on his face, "Uhhhh, thanks dad?"

And then last night, we shared dinner with our usual group of buddies. Alise, a sweet friend of ours, observed Wise One's plate and asked, "Wouldn't you like some meat on that bed of lettuce, cheese, and nachos for your taco salad?" In his dear and pleasant manner he replied, "No thank you. I don't care for any meat. Tonight I will be a veterinarian."

No comments: