Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Do you have people in your life whom you call dear friends? There are a handful of amazing women with whom I do not hesitate to share my innermost thoughts. They do not judge. The do not chide. They do not talk out of awkwardness of the moment. They listen. Deeply. They mean what they say. And they have my best interest in mind.

That's the most anyone could ask for.

When I've heard other people criticize one of these dear ones, I think to myself, "You really don't know her. If you'd only take the time, you'd see..."

It really does comes down to taking the time to do relationships well. Yet I know, I don't have time to do more than be in the moment with the individuals who touch my life. And goodness knows, I'd better not cast my leftover self to my husband and four children. My family requires the best listening part of me I can give- which limits my time for hanging out with women who inspire me.

I'm not sure how to end this post except to say-

I am grateful for all these gifts surrounding me.

No comments: