Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Pooh Bear crafted a yellow paper rose for me. When she handed it to me, I hugged it to my chest and fainted into a pretend sleep on my bed.

In her best irritated voice she announced, "Mom, Sleeping Beauty doesn't wear blue jeans! She wears a pink dress."

"Mumhumm," I sounded through make-believe slumbering lips.

I slightly opened one eye for a peek at my daughter and noticed her cute little hands on her tiny hips.

"Mom, Sleeping Beauty does NOT have red hair! It's blonde." she continued in disgust.

"Right" I answered briefly, but I still maintained my resting posture.

When I snuck another peek with a single eye, she rolled her eyes in outrage and added, "Mom, Sleeping Beauty does not have pimples!"

She got me there. None of those Disney Princesses even owns one tube of Clearasil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think sleeping beauty would have been a gorgeous redhead with the wayward "imperfection" on her dainty face...

you are beautiful, by the way. just wanted to pop in and say hello :)

truevyne said...

Thank you and hello,Penni!

unquenchableworshipper said...

ew..did ~m2~ just say "Pop in" on after mentioning pimples... ?

anyway..Pooh Bear does NOT like when I try to use girl voices when reading her stories.. nor..does she like Austrailian accents, especially when she's tired..

CRIKEY!