Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Early this morning when I was five minutes from shewing the children out the door for science class, Pooh Bear whined about Wise One getting more breakfast than her. She weighs a whooping 37 pounds at the grand old age of seven, so I assumed the two packages of oatmeal had filled her tummy just fine. She moped until I agreed to toast her an additional frozen waffle. "But Wise One got two waffles and a big bowl of peaches!" she exclaimed. Next she narrowed her eyes, shot me the look of death, placed her hands on hips, screwed up her chapped little lips to whimper, "And I don't think there is really such a thing anymore as the greatest mom in the world either."

I turned my head to mute my giggle and hide my smile.

You are so right about that one, Pooh Bear. There is no such thing, at least in this house.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... So you lost your crown today, did you? Tough luck. Well, I bet you get it back again the next time she wants to borrow your chapstick...

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a time when one of mine said, "You're a MEAN mom!", obviously expecting me to be crushed. I just replied, "Good, that means I'm doing it right."

Anonymous said...

Well....in my own humble opinion, that title was held by Buck's mother.

truevyne said...

almost, yeah! i won't let her near my chapstick until she makes me yet another card with a princess, flowers, hearts, and rainbows to say,"sorry". wait, she makes cards like that for me everyday...

Anon, so mean is good!

unquenchableworshipper said...

you still have the "best wife in the whole wide world" title.


Buck

Shannon said...

Children know just what to say don't they? Too cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just love meeting new bloggy mamas!

truevyne said...

Shannon,
Thank you for stopping by! I enjoyed your blog.