Friday, July 28, 2006

To the clerk at Movie Gallery


I greedily tore open the thin red package from Netflix with great anticipation. After my all my squirrels fell asleep tucked away in their little beds, I popped the DVD into the player and nestled under my own blankets. I pressed "play" with a tickle of excitement in my belly. The cafe scene was quaint and dear- stuffy educated old man joins gorgeous and simple young lady for coffee. Good start. A groggy Buck joined me when gentleman Lawrence invited his new glamorous friend to attend the G-8 summit in Iceland as his guest. Alrighty. When simple yet stunning girl began to spout unsolicited and well-rehearsed facts about international poverty to heads of states, I became disillusioned with the charm of the movie. The story line seemed quite plausible up until that moment. My curiousity waned.

While The Girl in the Cafe captured my attention, I wasn't riveted. My apologies to the chatty clerk at Movie Gallery for not falling in love with this movie. I know it totally rocked your world; it just ever so slightly nudged mine.

4 comments:

unquenchableworshipper said...

it didnt even nudge mine..but..kept it awake for about an hour

SmileDragon said...

I will have to rent it now.

Pilgrim said...

Somehow, I never share the taste of those young kids behind the counter at Blockbuster. :-)

truevyne said...

Smiles, tell me how YOU like it.
Jul, know what you mean.