Saturday, March 07, 2009

I'm about to jump out of my skin. Tomorrow I begin my research work again for the Shepherd's Call at a coffee house church called The Brown Cup. The "church" called me, because a parent of an attendee talked well to the pastors about his child and my work. The parent told them his children never liked coming to church so much as when they were with me in a previous Shepherd's Call setting.

So, it's like Christmas around here. I'm opening boxes stored since last year thinking, "The children are going to love this! I am going to love this!". As the 10 bridesmaids peep their eyes at me from the bottom of a rubbermaid, I smile and welcome each blue lady back to the light of day after months of hibernation and utter boredom from lack of use. When I was placing the sites of Jerusalem on the map, I thought kind thoughts of the artist Mr. Kim who made it. I remembered Buck and I making the disciples, and I giggle about the ones he says turned like Gene Wilder and Spock.

There is nothing like this work. I'm positively smitten with this Good Shepherd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

again...can we come????

truevyne said...

Amber,
That drive would be a doozy, but 11:00. Be there!~