Saturday, May 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home


I love the way my own bed feels so inviting and warm.
how my garden gives hope to every new day.
the anticipation of projects put off during the school year.
new eyes to see what needs to be done to bring peace to my home.
the ease of putting my children to bed in their own rooms.
the crowing sound of roosters to wake me in the bright sunny morning.
goats calling out to me as I pull tall weeds.
my overgrown vineyard.
fresh chocolate chip muffins made with newly milled whole wheat.
the prospect of time to study and think.
connection with dear friends.
a new book which arrived in the mail while I was away.
calling my life back to daily order.
graduation announcements of splendid young people in my mail.
the single volunteer pink snap dragon in full bloom just outside my window.
Home.

5 comments:

The Unusual Farmchick said...

I was just in your area around the Easter week/end holiday. We were in Cookeville.
Its always nice to meet other farmchicks, so welcome to my blog- I will be back to read more of The True Vyne.
p.s. Your vacation to the st.pete tampa area is where I grew up. Did you venture to Ybor city to browse the shops and dine at the Columbia? So yummy!

FancyPants said...

Roosters, huh? Wow!

I think a blogging friend of mine needs your help! She's killing her tomatos and doesn't know what to do. I wouldn't know where to start, but I thought of you. Her name's Kristin.

You'll see her dilemma from her post.

=-)

truevyne said...

Farmchick,
I obviously should have consulted you about my trip to Tampa, as I did none of the things you mentioned.

Fancy,
I responded to your friend's tomato dilemma.

kddub said...

your home sounds wonderful... and beautifully described.

I somehow did not get your tomato help!

Pilgrim said...

You rally appreciate it when you've been away awhile!