Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Yawn Post

I know it sounds silly, but I can't paint my bedroom until I get rid of all the junk. I spent yesterday clearing a mountain of clutter. The clutter consists primarily of books, computer CD's, mail, disorganized notebooks and papers. And what's up with the wires all over the place? Buck has flimsy explanations for keeping every one. I'm patting myself on the back for finding important missing notebooks I require for my Shepherd's Call work. I also found three solid writing projects waiting patiently for me if I get a wild hair to pick them up again.

Four years ago, when we moved into this house, I peeled off a gawdy border trimming the wall next to the ceiling in my bedroom. I never went back and repaired the chunks of drywall I also removed during the job. In fact, I've never done anything to my bedroom, since I've lived here beside peel off that border. Guess that fix is on queue 1,460 days later. I chose ice blue green paint to match a fabulous fabric I ordered at Short Sheet last weekend. It's worth the hour drive to Crossville just to wander aimlessly in that gorgeous store for an hour or two. The bedspread I ordered from Ebay is silk chocolate brown. My sinister plan is for all new decor to totally clash with the nasty, faded and stained maroon carpet enough for Buck to demand we immediately install new natural colored berber carpet.

Along with improving my living quarters, I'm making dinner today for a large family of all boys whose mom and dad are in China picking up their adopted daughter. Won't that be a hoot? A delightful little girl surrounded by six rowdy brothers? Sunday I tried out a chicken rigatoni recipe by scribbit, and it makes nearly a ton of food. It just might do for a pack of devouring wolves like these young men. The best part of all is that these crazy people LOVE my sometimes pathetic cooking. They'll treat me royalty when I carry in trays of food.

6 comments:

Kat said...

I might need that chicken rigatoni recipe! My dear friend & mother of five very young ones broke her foot and I also spent the weekend cooking lots of extra food to take to them. Sadly, I'm out of ideas already. It doesn't look good when it takes less than a week for me to go through all my specialties (such as they are). I actually took them sandwiches yesterday! Well, at least nobody went to bed hungry.

The Secret Life of Kat said...

There's another kat? I'll need to change my name....

Hello "Other Kat" my name is Kat as well.

This could get confusing.

Anyway...on to my comment...
Have fun painting. We finally painted over the ugly wallpaper in our kitchen after living with it for 5 years!

The Unusual Farmchick said...

I have to start the projects just to boost The captain into finishing them. I ripped up carpeting in the bedroom thinking it would be get done... that was 3 months ago. Thankfully it has become my sewing/don't touch room till it gets finished.

Scribbit said...

I'm so used to cooking for this pagan horde I live with that I forget how much the recipe makes :)

They're rather like goldfish too, they'll eat and eat and eat until they explode if I let them!

truevyne said...

Farmchick,
I know exactly what you mean. I drag my husband into project like that all the time.

truevyne said...

Oh, Scribbit. Exploding children? Sounds like a you tube money maker to me.