Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Update on my ma

I found myself chatting on the phone late last night until 12:25. My mother has lost track of time and couldn't pull it together to call me until then. She's still not eating and now not drinking, so she's now dehydrated. Her blood pressure has dropped, and she is not allowed pain medication. We discussed things she's been worried about long before the surgery. I begged her to voice her concerns but to try and lay them down for now. I planted a seed that if she's still declining that it's time to look at a rehabilitation hospital to get her up to speed. She agreed, but I don't know that she can hang onto the thought. I'll speak with her husband about it. We'll see what today holds in store.

3 comments:

Milk in the Closet said...

I'm so sorry about all this. You, your mother, and your family are still in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Will be praying.

truevyne said...

thanks so much milk and kristin