Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm serious. Not joking. I am honored to be part of this year's 40 Day Fast at Inspired to Action. The truth is I blog somewhat selfishly about my microscopic corner of world, but these folks want to make a difference in the Kingdom of God on earth. I don't take it lightly that I'm allowed to get on the train with them for these upcoming forty days.

Justice and compassion may be my most favorite words in the English language. The forty day of fasting puts feet to both words. Everyday from June 23 to August 1, a blogger is chosen to fast and blog for a ministry close to his or her heart.

My day to feature a ministry is July 11 unless something needs to change. I'm praying and working on my entry already. I'm hoping to create suspense when I say I'm not going to tell you just now about the ministry I want to feature. Just know that there's none out there like this innovative and engaging group of people serious about coming alongside the broken to heal.

He has told you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justice, to love kindness,
And to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8

No comments: