Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Last night, Buck slipped into to bed with me after work, "Hey, I'm going to work out in the morning. What are you supposed to say to me?"

Pause. My mind goes completely blank, but I come up with a brilliant reply, "You are awesome, honey!"

Buck huffs slightly and draws out his answer, "Noooooo. That's not it. What are you supposed to say when I tell you I'm going to the gym?"

He obviously has some very specific reply in mind, but I'm still clueless. So, I come up with another excellent attempt, "Honey, good job. Working out will make you so buff. Good for you for taking the time to exercise."

Buck rolls his eyes and said, "No. I'm already buff. I'm just going for a little fine tuning. Last time I went to the gym, I forgot to bring something. Now do you remember?"

The bright and beautiful sun rises in my pea brain and the grey clouds of doubt are gone. "Why, Buck, you are supposed to remember a TOWEL next time you go the gym. That's it. Did you pack a towel?"

Buck grins widely, "Yes, I did."

Last time he worked up a dripping sweat at the athletic club, he took a lovely hot shower afterward. When he went to dry off, he had to use about fifty-two whimpy thin paper towels from the metal dispenser to sop up all the wet from his trim and hunky body.

5 comments:

Running2Ks said...

LOL, that is so funny. I wasn't expecting that answer!

SmileDragon said...

That's funny.

Anonymous said...

LOL. I like your blog!

Unknown said...

Too funny. And I love the playfulness you so easily communicate.

unquenchableworshipper said...

I love your liberal use of the word "buff" (Hiding the dictionary from truevyne)