Monday, January 02, 2006

Peace Turns 12

It's official my oldest child is older still. He turned twelve today and here is what he has to say:

Me: "What's it like to turn 12?"
Peace: "Ummm. I don't really know cause it's like one year till I'm a teenager."
Me: "What are your plans for this year?"
Peace: "I don't really have any."
Me: "If you could change anything about your life what would it be?"
Peace: "Stop being angry at my brothers."
Me: "If you could go anywhere this year, where would it be?"
Peace: "To Japan." (he doesn't say so just now, but he's utterly smitten with a Gundam book he got in our stop in the Tokyo airport, and now he wants to get more books and models)
Me: "And what would you do there?"
Peace: "See one of their museums. Buy some model kits."
Me: "What has been your happiest day so far in your life?"
Peace: "When we were at the Great Wall of China."
Me: "What's been your most disappointing day ever?"
Peace: "Not feeling good on my birthday, Christmas and Thanksgiving."
Me: "What is your favorite thing to do?"
Peace: "Pet Patches." (his cat)
Me: "Who do you like hanging out with the most?"
Peace: "Artmaker."
Me: "What do you like to eat?"
Peace: "Japanese food. That's too much about Japan. Soft tacos. Icecream."
Me: "What do you want to do before you turn into a teenager next year?"
Peace: "Don't know."
Me: "What is your favorite movies?"
Peace: "Lord of the Rings."
Me: "Favorite book?"
Peace: "The Hobbit."
Me: "Guess what you will do as a career when you are a man."
Peace: "I'll run an animal rescue for cats."
Me: "What are your favorite activities?"
Peace: "Running. Biking. Basketball. Soccor. Swimming. Building models."
Me: "Favorite salad dressing?"
Peace: "Ranch!"
Me: "Favorite song."
Peace: "Foreverandever" David Crowder Band*
Me: "If you could change one thing about your parents, what would it be?"
Peace: "Dad's work schedule." (Amen)
Me: "Favorite homeschooling thing."
Peace: "I can do my work outside. I don't have to go to school when it's freezing out."
Me: "Least favorite thing about homeschool."
Peace: "Doing work on a snow day."
Me: "What's been your favorite present ever?"
Peace: "My loft bed."
Me: "Favorite game to play?"
Peace: "Mech Warrior Dark Age."

The birth of this boy began an entirely new life for me. I am changed for the better, because of my relationship with him.

3 comments:

Running2Ks said...

He is amazing. Usually by 12, boys don't talk and would never submit to questioning or interviews. Happy Birthday, Peace! What a smart guy with so many interests. He'll take the teenage world by storm :)

~pen~ said...

happiest of birthdays from another david crowder fan :)

(what a cool kid! oh, like i'm surprised.....)

truevyne said...

Dear Running and M2,
Thank you. When I look at my children I am amazed. I'm holding on tight for the wild teenage ride beginning sooner than I can imagine.