Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I've been waiting for three weeks for the other shoe to drop with Tater. I know it will, and I thought it would be today.

Unbeknownst to me, Peace began his morning by chewing out his brothers for eating the last of the cereal he wanted. Then he cleaned their clocks about doing their animal chores improperly. Wise One and Tater joined forces against Peace's tyranny by telling me Peace had fed the goats in dirty buckets. Peace insisted the bins were clean. Someone was lyin', and I was irritated. Instead of eating breakfast before carting the clan off to swim team, I needed to check the sanitation of goat bowls which turned out to be clean after all.

As a result, I prepared for the big battle by asking Tater to stay home from swim practice with Dad and think the morning through. I asked, "Do you think you are going to need to pitch a fit about staying home? Do you think you'll need to break something, because you feel angry? Tell me, besides cleaning your room, what you will do till I come home?"

Tater reply stunned me, "I'll be fine. No big deal. It's just one swim practice. I'm going to read the book I started after I get done with my room."

I gave a sigh of relief as I climbed out of my armor and took the others to practice. Tater's room was better by the time I got home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your saga and I appreciate your tranparency as you travel this journey. But this entry bothers me. Is there more to this story? Is there a reason two brothers lied but only one had to stay home from swim practice?

truevyne said...

There's always more to the story. The other brother, Wise One, did not come to me. He steered clear of the drama,and Tater, master triangulator, brought up that Wise One also believed the bins weren't clean.
Wise One and Peace also had to do "hassle chores" after we got home from practice- Wise One for jumping on Tater's bandwagon, and Peace for
high-jacking the parenting role.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, that makes perfect sense. I knew there must be more. Sounds like you were the wise one in that situation. Well done.

almostgotit said...

Yay, MAMA!

And double yay, TATER!!